In 1873 Phillip Muehl founded the Muehl Furniture and Funeral Home
Company in Seymour at the present Zak Dentistry Office. At that
time three Polish immigrant cabinet makers from Brazil were
employed to make both furniture and caskets. Phillip later moved
his business to 123 S. Main Street, Seymour and was joined in
business by his son, Harvey, making this a family operation.
In 1945 Arnold Heiling purchased the furniture store from Harvey
Muehl. Leo Haas and Norman Boettcher purchased the business from
him in 1956 and remained partners until Leo retired in 1981.
In 1982 Norman was joined in business by his son, Kurt. The
heritage of the past came full circle and once again it was a
Father-Son operation. The name was then changed to Muehl-Boettcher
The Muehl-Boettcher Funeral Home remains one of the oldest
continuous funeral homes in Wisconsin. The tradition of offering
the finest in funeral service which was passed on from Phillip,
Harvey, Arnold, Leo and Norman continues with the Boettcher Family.
With the re-modeling and expansion of our facility in 1991, we
continue to be a "family dedicated to serving